[openstack-dev] [Fuel] 5.0.1 is out

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Mon Aug 18 13:26:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,
maintenance release of Fuel is finally out. 5.0.1 is primarily bugfix
release with a ton of fixes backported from master (5.1) - 192 bugs were
processed [1].
This is the first release when we produce not only Fuel ISO, but also so
called upgrade tarball. It is a bundle which allows you to upgrade already
installed Fuel master node 5.0 to 5.0.1. Thanks to fanatical work of the
whole team, we finally made upgrades of Fuel! It is not yet OpenStack
patching / upgrades, but these features are coming. Patching of OpenStack
(2014.1 -> 2014.1.1 -> 2014.1.2) will be available in 5.1, which is under
development now and expected to be released at the end of August. Release
notes are available in [2].
Anyone can build 5.0.1 by fetching code [3] and using tag 5.0.1.

For master branch, we have nightly builds [4], so it is easier to try out
pre-5.1: just download an ISO and use VirtualBox scripts [5] to run it.

According to my feelings, and I hope QA team can confirm it, this should be
the most stable and reliable version so far. Thanks for the hard work,
Fuelers! Let's keep improving the quality!

[1] https://launchpad.net/fuel/+milestone/5.0.1
[2] http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.0/release-notes.html
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel#Source_code
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel#Nightly_builds