[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Docker] Run OpenStack Service in Docker Container

Jyoti Ranjan jranjan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 12:49:42 UTC 2014

I believe that everything can not go as a dock container. For e.g.

1. compute nodes
2. baremetal provisioning
3. L3 router etc

My understanding is that container is good mechanism to deploy
api-controller and scheduler for many services. For backend component of
services (like nova-compute, cinder-volume if LVM is used), I that usage of
baremetal is more appropriate (except backend component like cinder-volume
for external devices, nova-compute proxy etc).

Just thought to check your opinion about my understanding! Need your views!