[openstack-dev] Time to Samba! :-)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 18 05:54:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 13:00 +0400, Stan Lagun wrote:
> This can be addressed by Murano only if its deployed to the cloud (on
> VM belonging to some tenant). Having it on OpenStack service layer
> integrated with major OpenStack services sounds very promising. The
> problem I see is significant overlap with Keystone, especially in
> Kerberos and LDAP parts

I do agree that Samba belongs, for many use cases, in the OpenStack
service layer.  I'm very interested to understand how you see it
overlapping with Keystone - both for my understanding and for possible
integration or assistance.

Samba's user database I think mostly pertains to the users in a tenant
(even if not managed by that tenant), wheras I understand Keystone is
typically the VMs and their administrators.  For those there is some
overlap, but not one I think should cause us a major issue, but I'm very
interested to learn more.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--