[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Failure when trying to rebase to latest v2 patches

Doug Wiegley dougw at a10networks.com
Mon Aug 18 03:24:04 UTC 2014

>From the looks of your error, you at least have a problem with more than
one commit in your topic branch.

Here¹s the process that I use.  I¹m not claiming it¹s the best, but it
works without rewriting Brandon¹s commits.  Watch the git log at the end,
and make sure the dependent hashes match what¹s in gerrit, before the Œgit
review¹:

git clone https://review.openstack.org/openstack/neutron
neutron-juno-update1
cd neutron-juno-update1/
git review -d 105610
git checkout -b bp/a10-lbaas-driver
*cherry-pick your commit from gerrit* (e.g. git fetch
https://review.openstack.org/openstack/neutron refs/changes/37/106937/26
&& git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD)
*resolve conflicts*
git cherry-pick ‹continue
*make changes*
git commit -a --amend
git log -n5 --decorate --pretty=oneline
git review

If you¹re not making any changes, then you can just hit the Œrebase¹
button in the gerrit ui.

Thanks,
doug