[openstack-dev] Status of Neutron IPv6 dual stack

Dane Leblanc (leblancd) leblancd at cisco.com
Sat Aug 16 20:30:46 UTC 2014

Hi Harm:

The changes for the multiple v6 addresses blueprint depend upon 2 Neutron changes that are not in Icehouse, but are merged in the latest upstream:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/ipv6-two-attributes
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/ipv6-provider-nets-slaac

Also, if you want to use IPv6 SLAAC addresses assigned by Neutron (via RADVD), you'll want some changes for the following blueprint, that are not in Icehouse but are in the latest upstream:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/neutron-ipv6-radvd-ra

If you want to use DHCPv6 stateful addresses assigned by Neutron, I believe that you'll need the changes from this blueprint that are still out for review:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/dnsmasq-ipv6-dhcpv6-stateful

-Dane