[openstack-dev] Which program for Rally

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 15 14:58:24 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-13 19:28:48 -0700 (-0700), Joe Gordon wrote:
> We actually run out of nodes almost every day now (except
> weekends), we have about 800 nodes, and hit that quota most days
[...]

It's worth noting that a lot of the recent exhaustion has been due
to OpenStack bugs impacting the providers donating those resources
(instances perpetually stuck in error state when deleting because
nova calls to neutron timed out on port deletion, neutron floating IP
deletion through nova failing at random causing leaks eating into
our quota, et cetera). Not to say that there won't be new bugs
cropping up to take their place once those are solved/worked around,
but at least the current state is not entirely due to the volume and
duration of jobs we run.
--
Jeremy Stanley