[openstack-dev] [nova][core] Expectations of core reviewers

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 15 13:03:36 UTC 2014

Maybe we need to think about this from a distributed software perspective?

* Divide and Conquer?

Can we split the topics to create more manageable sub-groups? This way it's not core-vs-non-core but intererested-vs-moderately-interested.  (of course, this is much the way the mailing list works). Perhaps OnAir would work well for that?

How about geographic separation? Meetings per time-zone that roll up into larger meetings (see "More Workers" below). This is much the same way the regional openstack meetups work, but with specific topics.

Of course, then we get replication latency :)

* More workers?

Can we assign topic owners? Cores might delegate a topic to a non-core member to gather consensus, concerns, suggestions and summarize the result to present during weekly IRC meetings.

*  Better threading?

Are there other tools than mailing lists for talking about these topics? Would mind-mapping software [1] work better for keeping the threads manageable?

-Sandy
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map