[openstack-dev] [nova][core] Expectations of core reviewers

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 15:39:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:30:59AM -0500, Kyle Mestery wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com> wrote:

> >> An ideal solution would allow attendees to join as individuals from
> >> anywhere.  A lot of contributors work from home.  Is that sort of thing
> >> compatible with your system?
> >>
> > http://bluejeans.com/ was a good experience.
> >
> > What about Google Hangout OnAir for the PTL and core, while others are
> > view-only with chat/irc questions?
> >
> This is a terrible idea, as it perpetuates the "core vs. non-core"
> argument. We need equal participation for cores and non-cores alike.

Yeah I think we'd have to be careful about doing such a distinct
split in participation between groups of people. I think the idea
of some people full-access, others view-only will only be viable
for those discussions where it was focused as an information
dissemination event. eg 1 or a handful of people presenting some
kind of proposal / problem, and then have the interactive
discussion part in a more broadly inclusive arena like IRC or
email. Or if there were discussions which are inherantly core
only work already so that there wasn't an expectation of more
general non-core attendance.

Regards,
Daniel