[openstack-dev] [nova][core] Expectations of core reviewers

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Aug 14 15:13:11 UTC 2014

On 8/14/2014 11:28 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 08/14/2014 10:04 AM, CARVER, PAUL wrote:
>> Daniel P. Berrange [mailto:berrange at redhat.com] wrote:
>>
>>> Depending on the usage needs, I think Google hangouts is a quite useful
>>> technology. For many-to-many session its limit of 10 participants can be
>>> an issue, but for a few-to-many broadcast it could be practical. What I
>>> find particularly appealing is the way it can live stream the session
>>> over youtube which allows for unlimited number of viewers, as well as
>>> being available offline for later catchup.
>> I can't actually offer AT&T resources without getting some level of
>> management approval first, but just for the sake of discussion here's
>> some info about the telepresence system we use.
>>
>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>> ATS B2B Telepresence conferences can be conducted with an external company's
>> Telepresence room(s), which subscribe to the AT&T Telepresence Solution,
>> or a limited number of other Telepresence service provider's networks.
>>
>> Currently, the number of Telepresence rooms that can participate in a B2B
>> conference is limited to a combined total of 20 rooms (19 of which can be
>> AT&T rooms, depending on the number of remote endpoints included).
>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>>
>> We currently have B2B interconnect with over 100 companies and AT&T has
>> telepresence rooms in many of our locations around the US and around
>> the world. If other large OpenStack companies also have telepresence
>> rooms that we could interconnect with I think it might be possible
>> to get management agreement to hold a couple OpenStack meetups per
>> year.
>>
>> Most of our rooms are best suited for 6 people, but I know of at least
>> one 18 person telepresence room near me.
> An ideal solution would allow attendees to join as individuals from
> anywhere.  A lot of contributors work from home.  Is that sort of thing
> compatible with your system?

http://bluejeans.com/ was a good experience.

What about Google Hangout OnAir for the PTL and core, while others are
view-only with chat/irc questions?

http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/onair.html