[openstack-dev] [Infra] Minesweeper behaving badly

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 13 14:36:59 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-13 02:40:28 +0200 (+0200), Salvatore Orlando wrote:
[...]
> Finally, I have noticed the "old grammar" is still being used by
> other 3rd party CI. I do not have a list of them, but if you run a
> 3rd party CI, and this is completely new to you then probably you
> should look at the syntax for issuing recheck commands.
[...]

I don't think there's any consensus yet (see also [1][2][3]) that
being able to rerun all CI systems, upstream and third-party, from a
single comment is undesirable. Rather, what should really be
avoided, is running scripts which leave comments on dozens or
hundreds of reviews (as happened in this case) solely for the
purpose of retriggering jobs. If you need to rerun jobs on *your* CI
system (I'm speaking generally to all operators here, not just the
one mentioned in the subject line) because of some broad issue, do
so from within your system rather than trying to trigger it by
leaving unnecessary review comments on lots of changes.

[1] https://launchpad.net/bug/1355480
[2] https://review.openstack.org/109565
[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2014-August/001681.html

--