[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] gate-ceilometer-python33 failed because of wrong setup.py in happybase

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 13 10:21:23 UTC 2014

Hisashi Osanai, I have really strange feeling about this issue.
It happens only with py33 job for icehouse branch? Because actually happy
base is the same for the master code Jenkins jobs, so it looks like that
exec file issue should appear in master runs as well... Do I understand
everything right?

As I understand Julien, he proposes to run this job only for master (as it
works for now magically for master checks) and skip in for everything
earlier - mostly because it won't work for stable branches anyway - as
there were no fixed ceilometer code itself there.

Thanks,
Dina

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Osanai, Hisashi <
osanai.hisashi at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:03 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> > This is not a problem in tox.ini, this is a problem in the
> > infrastructure config. Removing py33 from the envlist in tox.ini isn't
> > going to fix anything unforunately.
>
> Thank you for your quick response.
>
> I may misunderstand this topic. Let me clarify ...
> My understanding is:
> - the py33 failed because there is a problem that the happybase-0.8 cannot
>   work with python33 env. (execfile function calls on python33 doesn't
> work)
> - the happybase is NOT an OpenStack component.
> - the py33 doesn't need to execute on stable/icehouse
>
> One idea to solve this problem is:
> If the py33 doesn't need to execute on stable/icehouse, just eliminate the
> py33.
>
> > This is not a problem in tox.ini,
> Means the py33 needs to execute on stable/icehouse. Here I misunderstand
> something...
>
> > this is a problem in the infrastructure config.
> Means execfile function calls on python33 in happybase is a problem. If my
> understanding
> is correct, I agree with you and I think this is the direct cause of this
> problem.
>
> Your idea to solve this is creating a patch for the direct cause, right?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hisashi Osanai

Best regards,

Dina Belova