[openstack-dev] [neutron] Which changes need accompanying bugs?

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 07:46:03 UTC 2014

I'm not sure what the guideline is, but I would like to point out a good
reason to have the bug report even for obvious fixes.
When users encounters bugs, they go to launchpad to report them. They don't
first scan the commits of the master branch to see what was fixed. Having
the bug in launchpad provides a way to track the status (fixed, backported,
impact, etc) of the bug and reduces the chances of duplicated bugs.

Can you provide an example of a patch that you felt was trivial that a
reviewer requested a bug for so we have something concrete to discuss and
establish guidelines around?