[openstack-dev] [nova] Retrospective veto revert policy

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Aug 13 02:01:14 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 12, 2014, at 5:10 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
>>
>> This looks reasonable to me, with a slight concern that I don't know
>> what step five looks like... What if we can never reach a consensus on
>> an issue?
>
> In an extreme case, the PTL has the authority to make the call.
>
> In general I would like to think we can all just put on our big boy pants and talk through contentious issues to find a resolution that everyone can live with.

That's what we've done for the few cases I can remember (think nova v3
API). It is expensive though in terms of time and emotional costs, but
I think its worth it to keep the community together. In general I
think a PTL fiat is something to be avoided if at all possible.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia