[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Heat] reverting the HOT migration? // dealing with lockstep changes

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Aug 12 23:10:58 UTC 2014

On 13 August 2014 11:05, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> I've reproduced the problem with zane's fix for the validation error -
> and it does indeed still break:
> "| stack_status_reason  | StackValidationFailed: Property error :
> NovaCompute6:
> |                      | key_name Value must be a string
>

>              "

Filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1356097 to track this.

Since this makes it impossible to upgrade a pre-HOT-migration merged
stack, I'm going to push forward on toggling back to non-HOT, at least
until we can figure out whether this is a shallow or deep problem in
Heat. (Following our 'rollback then fix' stock approach to issues).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist