[openstack-dev] [Neutron][QA] Enabling full neutron Job

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Aug 12 18:14:06 UTC 2014

And just when the patch was only missing a +A, another bug slipped in!
The nova patch to fix it is available at [1]

And while we're there, it won't be a bad idea to also push the neutron full
job, as non-voting, into the integrated gate [2]

Thanks in advance,
(especially to the nova and infra cores who'll review these patches!)
Salvatore

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113554/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113562/

On 7 August 2014 17:51, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com> wrote:

> Thanks Armando,
>
> The fix for the bug you pointed out was the reason of the failure we've
> been seeing.
> The follow-up patch merged and I've removed the wip status from the patch
> for the full job [1]
>
> Salvatore

> On 7 August 2014 16:50, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Salvatore,
>>
>> I did notice the issue and I flagged this bug report:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1352141
>>
>> I'll follow up.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Armando
>>

>> On 7 August 2014 01:34, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I had to put the patch back on WIP because yesterday a bug causing a
>>> 100% failure rate slipped in.
>>> It should be an easy fix, and I'm already working on it.
>>> Situations like this, exemplified by [1] are a bit frustrating for all
>>> the people working on improving neutron quality.
>>> Now, if you allow me a little rant, as Neutron is receiving a lot of
>>> attention for all the ongoing discussion regarding this group policy stuff,
>>> would it be possible for us to receive a bit of attention to ensure both
>>> the full job and the grenade one are switched to voting before the juno-3
>>> review crunch.
>>>
>>> We've already had the attention of the QA team, it would probably good
>>> if we could get the attention of the infra core team to ensure:
>>> 1) the jobs are also deemed by them stable enough to be switched to
>>> voting