[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Way to get wrapped method's name/class using Pecan secure decorators?

Pendergrass, Eric eric.pendergrass at hp.com
Tue Aug 12 16:08:04 UTC 2014

Hi, I'm trying to use the built in secure decorator in Pecan for access control, and I'ld like to get the name of the method that is wrapped from within the decorator.

For instance, if I'm wrapping MetersController.get_all with an @secure decorator, is there a way for the decorator code to know it was called by MetersController.get_all?

I don't see any global objects that provide this information.  I can get the endpoint, v2/meters, with pecan.request.path, but that's not as elegant.

Is there a way to derive the caller or otherwise pass this information to the decorator?

Thanks
Eric Pendergrass