[openstack-dev] [neutron][cisco] Cisco Nexus requires patched ncclient

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Tue Aug 12 15:12:14 UTC 2014

On 8/12/2014 10:27 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> as per [1], Cisco Nexus ML2 plugin requires a patched version of
> ncclient from github. I wonder:
>
> - - whether this information is still current;

Please see:
https://review.openstack.org/112175

But we need to do backports before updating the wiki.

> - - why don't we depend on ncclient thru our requirements.txt file.

Do we want to have requirements on things that are only used by a specific
vendor plugin? So far it has worked by vendor-specific documentation
instructing to manually install the requirement, or vendor-tailored deployment
tools/scripts.