[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Is network ordering of vNICs guaranteed?

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Mon Aug 11 14:10:05 UTC 2014

Armando M. [mailto:armamig at gmail.com] wrote:

>>On 9 August 2014 10:16, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Paul, does this friend of a friend have a reproduceable test
>>script for this?

>We would also need to know the OpenStack release where this issue manifest
>itself. A number of bugs have been raised in the past around this type of
>issue, and the last fix I recall is this one:
>
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1300325
>
>It's possible that this might have regressed, though.

The reason I called it "friend of a friend" is because I think the info
has filtered through a series of people and is not firsthand observation.
I'll ask them to track back to who actually observed the behavior, how
long ago, and with what version.

It could be a regression, or it could just be old info that people have
continued to assume is true without realizing it was considered a bug
all along and has been fixed.

Thanks! The moment I first heard it my first reaction was that it was
almost certainly a bug and had probably already been fixed.