[openstack-dev] [nova] fair standards for all hypervisor drivers

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 11:58:41 UTC 2014

> There is work to add support for this in devestack already which I
> prefer since it makes it easy for developers to get an environment
> which matches the build system:
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108714/

Ah, cool.  Devstack is indeed a better place to put the build scripting.
 So, I think we should:

1) Get the above patch working, and then merged.

2) Get an experimental job going to use the above while we work on #3

3) Before the job can move into the check queue and potentially become
voting, it needs to not rely on downloading the source on every run.
IIRC, we can have nodepool build an image to use for these jobs that
includes the bits already installed.

I'll switch my efforts over to helping get the above completed.

--
Russell Bryant