[openstack-dev] [qa][ceilometer] swapping the roles of mongodb and sqlalchemy for ceilometer in Tempest

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Sat Aug 9 14:49:49 UTC 2014

> +2 from me,
>
> More mongodb adoption (as stated) when it's questionable legally doesn't seem
> like a good long term strategy (I know it will/does impact yahoo adopting or
> using ceilometer...). Is this another one of those tactical changes that we
> keep on making that ends up being yet another piece of technical debt that
> someone will have to cleanup :-/
>
> If we thought a little more about this strategically maybe we would end up in
> a better place short term *and* long term??

Hi Joshua,

Since we currently do support mongodb as an *optional* storage driver,
and some distros do recommend its usage, then surely we should test this
driver fully in the upstream gate to support those users who take that
option?

(i.e. those users who accept MongoDB Inc's assurances[1] in regard to
licensing of the client-side driver)

Cheers,
Eohgan

[1] http://www.mongodb.org/about/licensing/