[openstack-dev] [all] The future of the integrated release

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Aug 7 22:12:59 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 01:41 PM, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> My point was simply that we don't have direct control over the
> contributors' activities

This is not correct and I've seen it repeated too often to let it go
uncorrected: we (the OpenStack project as a whole) have a lot of control
over contributors to OpenStack. There is a Technical Committee and a
Board of Directors, corporate members and sponsors... all of these can
do a lot to make things happen. For example, the Platinum members of the
Foundation are required at the moment to have at least 'two full time
equivalents' and I don't see why the board couldn't change that
requirement, make it more specific.

OpenStack is not an amateurish project done by volunteers in their free
time.  We have lots of leverage we can apply to get things done.

/stef