[openstack-dev] [TripleO] dns for overcloud nodes

Jan Provaznik jprovazn at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 11:32:17 UTC 2014

Hi,
by default we don't set nameserver when setting up neutron subnet used
by overcloud nodes, then nameserver points to the machine where
undercloud's dnsmasq is running.

I wonder if we should not change *default* devtest setup to allow dns
resolving not only for local network but for internet? Proper DNS
resolving is handy e.g. for package update scenario.

This would mean:

a) set explicitly nameserver when configuring neutron subnet (as it's
done for network in overcloud [1])

or

b) set forwarding dns server for dnsmasq [2]

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Jan

[1]:
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-incubator/blob/master/scripts/setup-neutron#L53