[openstack-dev] Fwd: FW: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 01:29:33 UTC 2014

>I think this could be another reason why people associated GBP and
nova-network parity in this thread: the fact that new abstractions are
introduced without solidifying the foundations of the project is a risk to
GBP as well as Neutron itself.

How does a separate project fix this? It seems to me like it just incurs
all of the extra overhead of an extra project and doesn't do anything to
improve the parity efforts.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 August 2014 17:34, Prasad Vellanki <
> prasad.vellanki at oneconvergence.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems like Option  1 would be preferable. User can use this right
>> away.
>>

> People choosing Option 1 may think that the shortest route may be the
> best, that said the drawback I identified is not to be dismissed either
> (and I am sure there many more pros/cons): an immature product is of good
> use to no-one, and we still have the nova parity that haunts us.
>
> I think this could be another reason why people associated GBP and
> nova-network parity in this thread: the fact that new abstractions are
> introduced without solidifying the foundations of the project is a risk to
> GBP as well as Neutron itself.

Kevin Benton