[openstack-dev] Fwd: FW: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Pedro Marques pedro.r.marques at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 23:28:58 UTC 2014

On Aug 6, 2014, at 3:56 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 August 2014 15:47, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should merge it and just prefix the API for now with '/your_application_will_break_after_juno_if_you_use_this/'
>
> And you make your call based and what pros and cons exactly, If I am ask?
>
> Let me start:
>
> Option 1:
>   - pros
>     - immediate delivery vehicle for consumption by operators

Since our collective goal is to maximize the benefits for OpenStack users/operators, that seems to be the winner.

>   - cons
>     - code is burder from a number of standpoints (review, test, etc)

Any piece of code is a burden.

> Option 2:
>   - pros
>     - enable a small set of Illuminati to iterate faster

This is probably not intentional from your part ,but your choice of words make it seem that you are deriding the efforts of the team behind this effort. While i may disagree technically here and there with their current design, it seems to me that the effort in question is rather broad based in terms of support (from multiple different organizations) and that the team has put a non trivial effort in making the effort public. I don't think we can characterize the team either as a "secret group" or a "small set".

  Pedro.