[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron][Technical Committee] nova-network -> Neutron. Throwing a wrench in the Neutron gap analysis

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 23:06:48 UTC 2014

On Aug 5, 2014 12:57 PM, "Jay Pipes" <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/05/2014 03:23 PM, Collins, Sean wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 12:50:45PM EDT, Monty Taylor wrote:
>>>
>>> However, I think the cost to providing that path far outweighs
>>> the benefit in the face of other things on our plate.
>>

>> Perhaps those large operators that are hoping for a
>> Nova-Network->Neutron zero-downtime live migration, could dedicate
>> resources to this requirement? It is my direct experience that features
>> that are important to a large organization will require resources
>> from that very organization to be completed.
>

> Indeed, that's partly why I called out Metacloud in the original post, as
they were brought up as a deployer with this potential need. Please, if
there are any other shops that:

Perhaps I am not remembering all the details discussed at the nova
mid-cycle, but Metacloud was brought up as an example company uses nova
network and not neutron, not as a company that needs live migration. And
that getting them to move to neutron would be a good litmus test for
nova-network performance parity, something that is very hard to do in the
gate.   But that was all said without any folks from Metacloud in the room,
so we may both be wrong.