[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] "status" in entities

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Aug 5 15:27:10 UTC 2014

Hello Vijay!

Well this is a hold over from v1, but the status is a provisioning
status.  So yes, when something is deployed successfully it should be
ACTIVE.  The exception to this is the member status, in that it's status
can be INACTIVE if a health check fails.  Now this will probably cause
edge cases when health checks and updates are happening to the same
member.  It's been talked about before, but we need to really have two
types of status fields, provisioning and operational.  IMHO, that should
be something we try to get into K.

Thanks,
Brandon