[openstack-dev] [horizon] Support for Django 1.7: there's a bit of work, though it looks fixable to me...

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Aug 5 07:11:02 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 05:05 PM, Romain Hardouin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Note that Django 1.7 requires Python 2.7 or above[1] while Juno still requires to be compatible with Python 2.6 (Suse ES 11 uses 2.6 if my memory serves me).
>
> [1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.7/#python-compatibility
>
> Best,
>
> Romain

Hi,

I'm not asking for *switching* to Django 1.7, but just support it. :)

A bit of update here...

Here's the list of fixes that I propose, thanks to the awesome help of
Raphael Hertzog:

https://review.openstack.org/111561 <--- TEMPLATE_DIRS fix
https://review.openstack.org/111930 <--- Rename conflicting add_error()
https://review.openstack.org/111932 <--- Fix summation code
https://review.openstack.org/111934 <--- SecurityGroup type error
https://review.openstack.org/111936 <--- Fix _detail_overview.html

I know we're not supposed to ask the list for code review, but I'll do
it this time still! :)

I believe this one, which I reported previously, can be ignored:

> "/home/zigo/sources/openstack/icehouse/horizon/build-area/horizon-2014.1.1/horizon/test/helpers.py",
> line 184, in <module>
>     class JasmineTests(SeleniumTestCase):
> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>     function() argument 1 must be code, not str

after cleaning my build env, it didn't do it again, so it must be fine.

Now, there's still this one which isn't fixed, and which Raphael and I
didn't understand yet how to fix:

FAIL: test_update_project_when_default_role_does_not_exist
(openstack_dashboard.dashboards.admin.projects.tests.UpdateProjectWorkflowTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/rhertzog/tmp/django17/horizon/openstack_dashboard/test/helpers.py",
line 83, in instance_stub_out
    return fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/home/rhertzog/tmp/django17/horizon/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/admin/projects/tests.py",
line 1458, in test_update_project_when_default_role_does_not_exist
    self.client.get(url)
AssertionError: NotFound not raised

And there's also test_change_password_shows_message_on_login_page which
fails. Here's the end of the stack dump:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py", line
375, in send
    raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='public.nova.example.com',
port=8774): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/extensions (Caused by
<class 'socket.gaierror'>: [Errno -2] Name or service not known)

Help fixing the above 2 remaining unit test errors would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)