[openstack-dev] DevStack program change

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Aug 4 08:23:43 UTC 2014

Matthew Treinish wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 03:50:53PM -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I propose we de-program DevStack and consolidate it into the QA program.
>>>  Some of my concerns about doing this in the beginning have proven to be a
>>> non-issue in practice.  Also, I believe a program's focus can and should be
>>> wider than we have implemented up to now and this a step toward
>>> consolidating narrowly defined programs.
>>>

>> Sounds like a good idea to me, as long as QA PTL Matt is good with it.
>> Thanks Dean for your service!
>>
>> Anne
>
> Yes, I fully support this idea as well. The scope of the 2 programs' missions
> are very much aligned, and the two teams are already working closely together.
> So I think that consolidating the DevStack progam into the QA program is a good
> idea moving forward.

I'm all for it.

The only reason why we didn't do that in the first place was that the QA
program didn't want devstack (and considered its maintenance was not
part of its mission). If that position changed, merging the two sounds
good. The teams working on it are certainly mostly the same people anyway.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)