[openstack-dev] Boot an instance assigned to a particular Neutron Port.

Parikshit Manur parikshit.manur at citrix.com
Mon Aug 4 06:22:40 UTC 2014

Hi All,
                I am trying to boot an instance assigned to a particular Neutron Port. CLI command nova boot  with argument " --nic port-id=port-uuid"  works as expected. But using the same option for the API, using argument  " networks: [ {"port": " port-uuid "}] "  fails to boot with the port attached.

Am I missing some options in API during POST of servers?

Can you suggest any changes  in the API for this to work?

Thanks,
Parikshit Manur