[openstack-dev] [Trove] Backup/restore namespace config move has leftovers

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Sat Aug 2 06:24:32 UTC 2014

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 2, 2014, at 8:04, Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 01/08/14 21:35, Denis Makogon wrote:
>>
>> I'd suggest to file a bug
>> report and fix given issue.
>
> Done.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1351545
>

> I also took the opportunity to check if all the currently defined datastores had backup/restore_namespace set - they didn't, so I noted that too (I'm guessing they now actually *need* to have something set to avoid breakage)...

Mark, we don't have to add backup/restore namespace options to datastores that does't support backup/restore feature.
You should take a look how backup procedure is being executed at Trove-API service site, see
https://github.com/openstack/trove/blob/master/trove/backup/models.py
(Method called _validate_can_perform_action)

If you'll have another questions, feel free to catch me up at IRC (denis_makogon).

Best regards,
Denis Makogon