[openstack-dev] [Cinder] cinder not support query volume/snapshot with regular expression

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 19:26:42 UTC 2014

On 04/29/2014 02:16 AM, Zhangleiqiang (Trump) wrote:
> Currently, Nova API achieve this feature based on the database’s REGEX
> support. Do you have advice on alternative way to achieve it?

Hi Trump,

Unfortunately, REGEXP support in databases is almost always ridiculously
slow compared to prefix searches (WHERE col LIKE 'foo%').

Lately, I've been considering that a true tagging system for Nova would
allow for better-performing and more user-friendly search/winnow
functions in the Nova API. I'll post a blueprint specification for this
and hopefully have some time to implement in Juno...

Best,
-jay