[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB] Configuring consistency draft of concept

Illia Khudoshyn ikhudoshyn at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 29 10:16:36 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Dima, I think I understand your reasoning but I have some issues with that.
I agree that binary logic is much more straightforward and easy to
understand and use. But following that logic, having the only one hardcoded
consistency level is even easier and more understandable.
As I can see, the idea of the proposal is to provide user a more
fine-grained control on consistency to leverage backend features AND at the
same time to not bound ourselves with only this concrete backend's
features. In scope of Maksym's proposal choice between WEAK/QUORUM for me
is pretty much the same as your FALSE/TRUE. But I'd prefer to have more.

PS Eager to see your new index design

--

Best regards,

Illia Khudoshyn,