[openstack-dev] [openstack-php-sdk] Contributing guidelines

Matthew Farina matt at mattfarina.com
Tue Apr 29 02:01:22 UTC 2014

Doug, I have a few concerns with handling the PHP SDK this way.

The authors of the novaclient are working on openstack, using python
which has common community processes, and there is a bit of
documentation covering the commonalities. Contributors to the PHP SDK
are likely not going to know how the community works for creating an
infrastructure. In PHP there will be some major process differences to
fit into the PHP community and be native to PHP.

The target audience for the PHP SDK is application developers, not
those who write openstack or operate it. A contributors guide who
really hits home with this audience is important. There are definitely
things we can link off to. I just want to make sure we hit home with
our target audiences.