[openstack-dev] Gerrit downtime and upgrade on 2014-04-28

Zaro zaro0508 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:41:56 UTC 2014

Do you mean making it default to WIP on every patchset that gets
uploaded?  That isn't possible with Gerrit version 2.8 because it
doesn't allow you to set a default score.  Also I don't think that
would be appropriate because I definitely would not want that as the
default setting for my workflow.  I think it would be more appropriate
to build that into git-review, maybe a configuration setting that
would set every patchset to WIP upon upload.

Gerrit 2.8 does allow you to carry the same label score forward[1] if
it's either a trivial rebase or no code has changed.  We plan to set
these options for the 'Code-Review' label, but not the Workflow label.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-labels.html