[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Use Case Question

Trevor Vardeman trevor.vardeman at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Apr 24 16:25:31 UTC 2014

Hey,

I'm looking through the use-cases doc for review, and I'm confused about one of them.  I'm familiar with HTTP cookie based session persistence, but to satisfy secure-traffic for this case would there be decryption of content, injection of the cookie, and then re-encryption?  Is there another session persistence type that solves this issue already?  I'm copying the doc link and the use case specifically; not sure if the document order would change so I thought it would be easiest to include both :)

Use Cases:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ewl95yxAMq2fO0Z6Dz6fL-w2FScERQXQR1-mXuSINis

Specific Use Case:  A project-user wants to make his secured web based application (HTTPS) highly available. He has n VMs deployed on the same private subnet/network. Each VM is installed with a web server (ex: apache) and content. The application requires that a transaction which has started on a specific VM will continue to run against the same VM. The application is also available to end-users via smart phones, a case in which the end user IP might change. The project-user wishes to represent them to the application users as a web application available via a single IP.

-Trevor Vardeman