[openstack-dev] [nova] [qa] EC2 status and call for assistance

Kenichi Oomichi oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp
Thu Apr 24 01:18:11 UTC 2014

The difference between v2 and v3 is not so big, and it is easy to
implement v2 API on top of v3 API. However EC2 API is very different
from v2/v3 API, so I think it is difficult to implement EC2 API on top
of v3 API.

Ex) Create a keypair
  EC2[1]:
    https://ec2.amazonaws.com/?Action=CreateKeyPair
    &KeyName=my-key-pair
    &AUTHPARAMS

  v2[2]:
    http://{nova-api}/v2/​{tenant_id}​/os-keypairs
    {
        "keypair": {
            "name": "keypair-dab428fe-6186-4a14-b3de-92131f76cd39",
            "public_key": "ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nza[..]== Generated by Nova"
        }
    }

I feel it would be nice to keep current EC2 implementation if necessary.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi
---
[1]: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/APIReference/ApiReference-query-CreateKeyPair.html