[openstack-dev] [cinder] proposal of definitions/processes for cinder-spec

Jay S. Bryant jsbryant at electronicjungle.net
Thu Apr 24 00:09:07 UTC 2014

All,

I have gotten questions from our driver developers asking for details
regarding the move to using cinder-specs for proposing Blueprints.  I
brought this topic up in today's Cinder Weekly Meeting, but the meeting
was lightly attended so we decided to move the discussion here.

I am going to put this note in the form of 'question' and proposed
answer based on the brief discussion we had today.  Note that the
answers here are based on the assumption that we want to keep Cinder's
use of 'specs' as close to Nova's as possible.  I used the following
mailing list thread as a starting point for some of these answers:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-April/032796.html

Q: When is a spec approved?