[openstack-dev] [nova] [qa] EC2 status and call for assistance

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Apr 23 23:06:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Randy Bias <randyb at cloudscaling.com> wrote:
> ... I’d like to recommend we move
> them into Stackforge as we did with the GCE APIs.  That way these can become
> optional components installed by those who want to use them.  The other
> advantage is that they can be iterated on out of band.  I would still like
> to see them all in the CI system however.

How does state mapping work in the stackforge GCE API? The problem
we've had in the past is that EC2 requires we create synthetic
identifiers for many of our objects and map them to our UUIDs. That
mapping is stored in the nova database, and I would be uncomfortable
with allowing out of tree code to manipulate our database. I'm hoping
the GCE code has solved a similar problem in an interesting way.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia