[openstack-dev] Congrats and welcome to OPW interns!

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 14:46:48 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 23:00, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to warmly welcome our new interns joining us through the GNOME
> Outreach Program for Women. Here's a little bit of information about the
> participants and their projects.
>
> Virginia Gresham is in Guilford, CT and Deer Isle, ME (east coast US,
> represent!) She'll work on a persona research and design project for the
> Horizon dashboard. That'll include Horizon usability tests. Liz Blanchard
> and Ju Lim are her mentors.
>
> Ana Malagon will work out of New Haven, CT doing period-spanning statistics
> for Ceilometer with mentor Eoghan Glynn.
>
> Nataliia Uvarova (AAzza on IRC) is in Gjøvik, Norway and Kiev, Ukraine
> (that's a commute to me, maybe I will check that geography).  She'll work
> on Py3K support in Marconi with Flavio Percoco and Alejandro Cabrera.

Congratulations on getting accepted everyone, and welcome to the
OpenStack community! I hope to see you around on IRC and that you'll
find your internship to be both productive and fun. Don't hesitate to
ask questions!

> I also want to show our appreciation to the mentors who worked with many
> applicants and who did such a great job gathering projects and getting
> first patches submitted and reviewed. Julie Pichon especially shone while
> sorting through the many applicants and working with other organizations
> who also get great interns through this program. One of our prior interns,
> Terri Yu, did a fantastic job helping applicants and recruiting great
> people for OpenStack. I know there are many more who helped this round and
> I can't say enough about what super humans we have here.

Thanks Anne :)

> The official announcement is here:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2014/MayAugust#OpenStack
>
> With OPW and GSoC, we have 10 interns with many more mentors working on
> OpenStack. This is fantastic! Thanks everyone who is making these programs
> a reality for our community.

Agreed! Many thanks especially to the mentors for volunteering their
time and being so helpful.

Cheers,

Julie