[openstack-dev] [nova] nova-specs and python-novaclient

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 13:34:59 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 08:24 PM, Joe Gordon wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com
> <mailto:jaypipes at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 17:00 -0700, Joe Gordon wrote:
>     > Hi All,
>     >
>     >
>     > Several folks have submitted python-novaclient blueprints to nova
>     > specs for the Juno Release [0][1], but since python-novaclient isn't
>     > part of the integrated release this doesn't really make sense.
>     > Furthermore the template we have has sections that make no sense for
>     > the client (such as 'REST API impact').
>     >
>     >
>     > So how should we handle python-novaclient blueprints? Keep them in
>     > nova-specs in a separate directory? Separate repo?
>     >
>     >
>     > I think generalize the nova-specs repo from a repo for blueprints for
>     > just nova to a repo for all 'compute program' blueprints. Right now
>     > that would just cover nova and python-novaclient, but may include
>     > other repositories in the future.
>

> Here is a proof of concept: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/89725/

John originally mentioned this on the review, but Phil and I both seem
to agree.

Most novaclient work can just be a work item of a nova blueprint.  How
about we just handle it that way?

I don't really expect any major work in novaclient beyond basic support
of new APIs.  It seems that the major new work in this area is going
into creating a common client.

--
Russell Bryant