[openstack-dev] [qa] Selecting Compute tests by driver/hypervisor

Adam Gandelman adamg at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 22 23:33:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> Agreed. Though I think we probably want the Nova API to be explicit
> about what parts of the API it's ok to throw a Not Supported. Because I
> don't think it's a blanket ok. On API endpoints where this is ok, we can
> convert not supported to a skip.
>
>         -Sean

I'd favor going even further and let any such exception convert to a skip,
at least in the main test suite.  Keep Tempest a point-and-shoot suite that
can be pointed at any cloud and "do the right thing."  We can add another
test or utility (perhaps in tools/?) to interpret results and attach
meaning to them WRT skips/fails validated against individual projects'
current notion of what is mandatory.   A list of "these tests must pass
against any driver" instead of a driver feature matrix.   This would allow
such policies to easily change over time outside of the actual test code.

-Adam