[openstack-dev] Gerrit downtime and upgrade on 2014-04-28

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Tue Apr 22 22:40:11 UTC 2014

Zaro <zaro0508 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All.  The OpenStack infra team has been working to put
> everything in place so that we can upgrade review.o.o from Gerrit
> version 2.4.4 to version 2.8.4  We are happy to announce that we are
> finally ready to make it happen!
>
> We will begin the upgrade on Monday, April 28th at 1600 UTC (the
> OpenStack recommended 'off' week).
>
> We would like to advise that you can expect a couple hours of downtime
> followed by several more hours of automated systems not quite working
> as expected.  Hopefully you shouldn't notice anyway because you should
> all be on vacation :)

Hi,

This is a reminder that next week, Gerrit will be unavailable for a few
hours starting at 1600 UTC on April 28th.

There are a few changes that will impact developers.  We will have more
detailed documentation about this soon, but here are the main things you
should know about:

* The "Important Changes" view is going away.  Instead, Gerrit 2.8
  supports complex custom dashboards.  We will have an equivalent of the
  "Important Changes" screen implemented as a custom dashboard.

* The "Approval" review label will be renamed to "Workflow".  The +1
  value will still be "Approved" and will be available to core
  developers -- nothing about the approval process is changing.

* The new "Workflow" label will have a "-1 Work In Progress" value which
  will replace the "Work In Progress" button and review state.  Core
  reviewers and change owners will have permission to set that value
  (which will be removed when a new patchset is uploaded).

* We will also take this opportunity to change Gerrit's SSH host key.
  We will supply instructions for updating your known_hosts file.  As a
  reminder, you can always verify the fingerprints on this page:
  https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/ssh-keys

-Jim