[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Fix migration that breaks Grenade jobs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Apr 22 14:05:32 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 09:57 AM, Jakub Libosvar wrote:
> On 04/22/2014 02:38 PM, Salvatore Orlando wrote:
>> When I initially spoke to the infra team regarding this problem, they
>> suggested that "just fixing migrations" so that the job could run was
>> not a real option.
>> I tend to agree with this statement.
>> However, I'm open to options for getting grenade going until the
>> migration problem is solved. Ugly workarounds might be fine, as long as
>> we won't be doing anything that a real deployer would never do.
>>
>> Personally, I still think the best way for getting grenade to work is to
>> ensure previos_rev and current_rev have the same configuration. For the
>> havana/icehouse upgrade, this will mean that devstack for icehouse
>> should not add the metering plugin.
>
> Is it possible to run Icehouse tempest without metering tests?

The running of the tests isn't the problem, it's the setting up of the
services where it blows up.

Given that all migrations are chained (i.e. we test havana -> icehouse,
and are about to light up icehouse -> master) that means effectively
turning off metering as a service for testing entirely.

Which is basically what an end user would need to do, because the
current service structure means that if you don't enable a new neutron
service the moment it's introduced, you have to do manual database
changes to do so later.

I do really think that before pushing a work around here, there needs to
be a clear plan on how this is supposed to work in the future. Because I
fear that will get lost.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague