[openstack-dev] 答复: [Nova][Neutron][Cinder][Heat]Should we support tags for os resources?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:21:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 13:15 -0700, Vijay B wrote:
> Hi Tianhua, Jay,
>

> A blueprint has already been submitted in this regard:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZqW7qeyHTm9AQt28GUdfv46ui9mz09UQNvjXiewOAys/edit#
>

> We've been working to implement a generic tagging framework where tags
> are a first class resource and other resources can be associated with
> tags. Our first implementation focuses on neutron. For us at Ebay,
> this forms an important foundational framework to support
> flexible/customizable VPC architectures. A detailed design with
> extension/db/other changes has been drawn up and will be submitted for
> review to the group in the near future. Please do add your
> thoughts/reviews to it.

Hi Vijay,

Please see my first comment on the above document. Tags are single
strings, not key/value pairs.

IMO, tags are also a **user-controlled** annotation of an object. What
you are describing in that proposal seems more to be
**system-controlled** annotation of objects using key/value
properties...

Best,
-jay