[openstack-dev] How to add a property to the API extension?

Alex Xu xuhj at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Apr 21 02:06:17 UTC 2014

On 2014年04月17日 05:25, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
> Hi, Christopher,
> 	I have some question to the API changes related to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80707/4/nova/api/openstack/compute/plugins/v3/hypervisors.py , which adds a property to the hypervisor information.

Hi, Yunhong, Chris may be available for a while. Let me answer your
question.

> a) I checked the https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/APIChangeGuidelines but not sure if it's ok to "Adding a property to a resource representation" as I did in the patch, or I need another extension to add this property? Does "OK when conditionally added as a new API extension" means I need another extension?
You can add a property for v3 api directly for now. Because v3 api
didn't release yet. We needn't wrong about any back-compatibility
problem. if you add a property for v2 api
you need another extension.

> b) If we can simply add a property like the patch is doing, would it requires to bump the version number? If yes, how should the version number be? Would it be like 1/2/3 etc, or should it be something like 1.1/1.2/2.1 etc?

You needn't bump the version number for same reason v3 api didn't
release yet. After v3 api released, we should bump the version, it would
be like 1/2/3 etc.