[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Migration to packages, step 1/2

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Fri Apr 18 20:55:41 UTC 2014

That's cool actually.
I have a few specific questions:

   1. How does it impact development process? If I change code of, let's
   say, shotgun, and then run "make iso", will I get an ISO with my code of
   shotgun? What about other packages, sources of which I did not touch (let's
   say nailgun) ?
   2. How far we became from implementing simple command to build an
   OpenStack package from source?
   3. What is the time difference, is ISO build became faster? Can you
   provide numbers?
   4. We still have puppet modules not packaged, right? Do we have plans
   for packaging it too?

I assume we will document the usage of this somewhere in dev docs too.

Thanks,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Dmitry Pyzhov <dpyzhov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I've removed ability to use eggs packages on master node:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88012/
>
> Next step is to remove gems mirror:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88278/
> It will be merged when osci team fix rubygem-yajl-ruby package. Hopefully
> on Monday.
>
> From that moment all our code will be installed everywhere from packages.
> And there will be option to build packages during iso build or use
> pre-built packages from our mirrors.

Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen