[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Should we adopt a blueprint design process

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Fri Apr 18 12:14:52 UTC 2014

+1
Great idea.

>many times you think that you know a way to do something but as you go
>you then realize that doing it in another way is much better, so I
>think that in order to propose a new feature we should not assume that
>the author knows _everything_ at the start.

Absolutely agree.

It would be great to have kind of design stages.
0) Bare idea, feature scope, use cases.
1) Preliminary architecture and API. Here we can start writing and
reviewing code.
2) Detailed understanding of architecture and API. Writing code, testing,
detailed discussing, debugging.
3) Merging feature into master, debugging.

Vladimir Kozhukalov