[openstack-dev] Reviewing spelling and grammar errors in blueprints Re: [Nova] nova-specs

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Thu Apr 17 18:04:39 UTC 2014

Personally, I try not to be disagreeable and to be considerate in my
reviews.  However, I don't want to worry too much about hurting
someone's feelings by making a comment.  As a community we should be
considerate and polite but we should also embrace critical reviews of
our own work.

I think adding a note for a minor mistake is fine.  I appreciate those
in reviews of my own patches.  I mark them "nit: ..." and I don't give
-1 for nits.  To me, the definition of a nit is something that I
noticed, thought I'd point it out but I would not try to hold up the
patch for it.  Keep in mind though, that nit comments might be mixed
in with other comments that are worthy of -1.  If the author wishes to
roll the patch for some other reason then the nits should be
considered.

My $0.02

Carl