[openstack-dev] [Openstack][nova][Neutron] Launch VM with multiple Ethernet interfaces with I.P. of single subnet.

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Thu Apr 17 12:29:00 UTC 2014

Akihiro Motoki wrote:

>To cope with such cases, allowed-address-pairs extension was implemented.
>http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/2.0/content/allowed_address_pair_ext_ops.html

Question on this in particular: Is a tenant permitted to do this? If so, what exactly is the iptables rule accomplishing? If the intent was to prevent the tenant from spoofing someone else's IP then forcing the tenant to take an extra step of making an API call prior to attempting to spoof doesn't really stop them.

Question in general: Is there an easy way to see the whole API broken out by privilege level? I'd like to have a clear idea of all the functionality that requires a cloud operator/admin to perform vs the functionality that a tenant can perform. Obviously Horizon looks different for an admin than it does for a tenant, but I'm not as clear on how to identify differences in the API.