[openstack-dev] TC candidacy

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Apr 17 04:51:06 UTC 2014

I'd like to announce my Technical Committee candidacy.

I've been involved with OpenStack since it began. I'm one of the original authors of Swift, and I have been serving as PTL since the position was established. I'm employed by SwiftStack, a company building management and integration tools for Swift clusters.

OpenStack is a large (and growing) set of projects, unified under a common open governance model. The important part about OpenStack is not the pieces that make up the "stack"; it's the concept of "open". We, as OpenStack collectively, are a set of cooperating projects striving for excellence on our own, but stronger when put together.

As OpenStack moves forward, I believe the most important challenges the TC faces are:

- Ensuring high-quality, functioning, scalable code is delivered to users.
- Working with the Board of Directors to establish conditions around OpenStack trademark usage.
- Ensuring the long-term success of OpenStack by lowering code contribution barriers, incorporating feedback from non-developers, and promoting OpenStack to new users.

As a member of the TC, I will work to ensure these challenges are addressed. I appreciate your vote for me in the TC election.

--John